Fall Lantern

I had a craft day with my friend Lindsay today, and our mission was to complete a lantern of whatever kind she wanted.  She loved the fall lantern that Mary at SVG Cuts designed in her new SVG set called Crisp Days of FallAfter we cut out the lantern in black we glued vellum to the inside of the three decorated sides and  she did a great job gluing the lantern pieces together while I continued to cut out the embellishments for the top of the lantern.  She chose these great fall colored papers from my stash and I think they go together so perfectly for this fall themed decoration.  Since my Cricut was taking it's time cutting, Lindsay had time to work on adding the brown twine from Trendy Twine. For being a newbie to this form of crafting, she did so great, way to go Lindsay!!! Crafting with two definately made the process quicker and more enjoyable, since we got to chat while the machine was doing all of the hard work :)



FYI: I used the dimensions that are in the PDF for the files.




Comments

  1. The lanterns look great. I bet your friend had great fun and the twine really enhances the shape of the lantern. I guess I had better follow your link and buy this design after seeing how wonderful it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it is definately versatile since it comes with a lantern that has blank insides too for a personalized lantern.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Blessings

Aged Treasure Chest

Coffee Filter Fall Leaves