Sunday, July 17, 2011

Movie Card

I have a friend who has been overseas for quite a while now, and I wanted to make him something rather than buy a generic item that he may or may not like.  I was a little stumped on what I should do though, so I asked my husband, and as always, he comes up with a great idea in seconds.  He said to make a card like I always do, and base it around the movies, and add a gift card.  So this is what I created.  I can't take all the credit for the super cute design elements though, those were created by SVG Cuts  it's their Summer Blockbuster SVG kit .
                                    and I think all of the elements are perfect.  I added the stars which are not included in the kit, by just using my shapes library in MTC and adding a shadow layer.  For the movie reel, I used clear embossing powder on the black part of the reel and silver for the outside of it. 
I really just wanted to add everything from the kit because it's all so great, but I had a hard time even fitting all of this onto the card, but the fact that it was a step card made it easier to add more.  I used the step card base from SVG Cuts Edisto Island Cards kit

Then I just added a gift card to the holder in the back, created a custom envelope (because no standard envelope could handle this creation) and voila, birthday card and present in one.




9 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow, Therese! This is AWESOME, girl!!! Your friend will love it for sure - I'm so impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work! ~ Leo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is amazing. I am loving it. TFS and I am sure your friend will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this card is absolutley fabulous,.... I love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is a really cool card! Great job! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a card....more like a piece of art. LOTS of time and love went into this creations. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 02 03
04 05 06
08 11 12