Coffee Filter Fall Leaves

I know it's still hot out in most places right now, but in Florida I'll take any excuse to bring on cooler weather or at least the idea of it, so I want to share a fun and easy tutorial for making fall leaves out of coffee filters.
I purchased some white coffee filters from the Dollar Tree, some $1.00 spray bottles (Target, Walmart and Michaels have them), and I used food coloring mixed with water and pearl powders to make my shimmer sprays.



On either wax paper, freezer paper or a Ranger Craft Sheet, start spraying the colors until you have some variety of yellow, orange, green and red.
Then start to soak your coffee filter until it is filled with color.

Set it aside to let it dry or you can bake it in a 200 degree oven for faster dry time. I also used my heat tool and that work great too.



Step 1. Create a leaf template onto 110 lb paper using a real leaf or an existing silk leaf and trace onto dry coffee filter.
Step 2. Cut out the leaf shape.
Step 3. Erase the pencil lines.
Step 4. Draw leaf veins using a brown colored pencil.
Step 5. Crumple the leaf to give it a realistic look.
Step 6. Flatten the leaf and add gold glitter for extra sparkle.


I added some twine to the back to give them stems for a finishing touch.



Have fun making something pretty! I'd love to see anything you come up with on my facebook page!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Blessings

Aged Treasure Chest