Eeek! Haunted Houses!!!

So this weekend I had my sister Clare over and we had a crafty weekend.  We made two of Mary's Elmhurst Hollow's Haunted Houses over at SVG Cuts. Now, Mary is a crazy talented SVG designer, and I absolutely love all of her SVGs, but I have to say, making these houses were a  blast!  There are so many things you can add to a haunted house, and we used some extras in the set, such as the bats, but we also used some elements from other sets.  I'll link you to those if you want to know which ones as we come across them....Scroll to enter our haunted abode!





 So the two houses together look like a little village, but they are so totally different.  The colorful is my sisters, she picked the papers out and added her ghosts and other embellishments.

All of the SVGs are from SVG Cuts
I used the ghosts from the Spooky Silhouettes set.
The spiders are from the Dreadful Halloween Cupcake Wrappers set.
The spider webs are a freebie from their blog.

Since I was cutting all of the pieces, Clare ended up gluing all of the house pieces together, but I helped out when I was caught up.  We added color changing lights to each of the compartments of the houses.


I used black 24 gage wire for the flying bats, and vellum for the insides of the bat wings as well as for the ghosts and spiderwebs.




For the cream and black house, I used Lettering Delights Black Magic paper pack and I just love how the papers printed! 


We used a white gel pen for the details on the eyes.




And some glow in the dark glue for the eyes on the houses as well as some of the ghosts and bats.
Trendy Twine was used in black and orange for the chimneys and the bow tie.


Boo!


So if you have a cutting machine and haven't purchased this set yet...It was so totally worth every penny!  And as you can see, they can be completely different and still look great!  Just make it match your decor or your favorite Halloween color scheme.  And if you don't have a cutting machine, well I'll keep posting how much you could do with one, not that you have to get one, but they are fun!


Comments

  1. Thank you for having me over! It really was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clare! I had a lot of fun too, I'm glad we got to hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fantastic. I really have been under a rock (not really, just super busy).

    Sorry, I haven't gotten over here much :( I will do my best to change that. You are super awesome with all these great projects!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Blessings

Aged Treasure Chest

Coffee Filter Fall Leaves