Butterfly Birthday Card

I made my sister this birthday card using SVG Cuts Edisto Island Cards SVG kit which I think is so summery and fun.  This style of card is called a lever card because the design (in this case the butterfly) is on the cover of the card, but when you open it, the butterfly becomes part of the inside of the card.

Her birthday was in August, so it definitely worked for the season, plus I thought the butterfly turned out so pretty with the colors. 

I actually designed the papers that I used to make the butterfly with in Adobe Photoshop, mixing greens and blues until I liked it.  Then the black ink around the edges really helped it pop out. 

I used blue twine from Trendy Twine to wrap around the butterfly outline.
A few silver brads inside the flowers finish it off...


Oh, that and glitter...Stickles to be exact.  I just love Star Dust, but I just discovered Crystal Ice Stickles, and that glitter is bigger chunks of the Star Dust glitter. 


For the inside I used some flourish stamps I had in my stash and used that to decorate around the edges.  Some more flowers and glitter fininsh off the inside.


The back view.


After I was finished with the card, I found it a little hard to keep it closed, so I added some eyelets and some more blue twine to help keep it closed.  Plus it's always fun to feel like you get to open your card when it's tied closed.



Comments

  1. This is beautiful! I love lever cards. And, YOu did an excellent job catching all the areas with you camera. I have trouble with that sometimes. I also love the vibrant colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Blessings

Aged Treasure Chest

Coffee Filter Fall Leaves