Steampunk Card

 Good day everyone, I hope you had a nice weekend. I went camping with some family and friends and it was so great to get out and enjoy the fresh air that is sometimes rare in Florida because it's usually so muggy. Anyway the highlight of the trip was probably when we were around the camp fire playing Mad Gab and a racoon took the opportunity to munch and run with a bag of hotdog buns. My sister, who was sitting near the table, ran after it and managed to wrestle the bag out of his mouth, but he left a nice chunk out of a bun, gross!

Back to crafting...

Today I wanted to share with you this birthday card I made for my husband's birthday...Happy Birthday honey! I really wanted to make a rugged manly card for him so I went with this gray, black and gold color sheme.  For the blimp I used LD's Steampunk and to decorate it I added Trendy Twine's Gray Licorice and Black Licorice as well as some hemp and canvas for the basket. I added some dimension to the grey cardstock using my Letterpress embossing tool with the fleur de lis embossing folder from Cuttlebug.

Slap some pop dots for dimension and for some added fun I used wire wrapped into a coil to create a wobble effect for the balloon.



See the wire coil?!? Pretty cool, huh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Blessings

Aged Treasure Chest

Coffee Filter Fall Leaves