Happy Summer Birthday Card

Hello peeps!

So it's been a while since I've had the time to just craft and let my mind roam on a project. With this card I just loved the Moonlight Garden Party SVG files from SVG Cuts, so I started by cutting out the stone columns cause they are just too fun! I used some nifty distress ink by Ranger*

*tip: use a cosmetic foam wedge to apply lighter and more controlled amounts of ink...plus this helps preserve the ink pad.

Sooo, then I decided to weld a few of the columns together to create the stone wall. I wasn't sure how I was going to turn this into a card just yet, but I knew I wanted to create the illusion of walking through the fence and into a garden area. That's when I knew I had to use the plastic as the card base. I purchased my plastic at Michaels, called Clear Craft Plastic by Grafix. 



I added two hinges by Lori Whitlock for the gate so it can swing open and closed.  Then I added some hemp cord around the urns and two fireflies to the cover.


Here you can see how the clear plastic really helps to create the look I was after.

If you notice I have the card propped open with the help of the white paper folded a 1/4 inch on both sides, because the plastic was just falling flat and wouldn't stay open. This is an easy way to help keep your card standing at just the right angle.    


Ok, so here is the inside.  A few things to note...

*I used hemp for the cord to hang the lanterns on.
*I printed Happy Birthday onto a transparency sheet that can be printed on so it didn't take away from the garden feel of the card.
*I used vellum for the jar vase on the table so you can still see the stems of the flowers. 
*Also if you notice in the svg set, there is not table, so I created my own using and welding shapes and swirls in the eCAL library (which is eclipse Cuts a Lot..a program that works with my sizzix eclipse to be able to cut any svg files...click here for more details)
* I also welded shapes together to create the bushes and grass.



I used a white gel pen to color the firefly wings.


It kind of worked out that my paper was two-sided, so I just spruced up the back with green ribbon and then added a white space to write my message on the outside of the plastic.

I used my sew easy tool for the first time to create the stitching with green embroidery floss.


Well that was a super fun card to make, and while it looks a little complicated, it was so easy to put together. The fun part was adding all the little touches, like the flowers, lanterns, fireflies and jar vase.  Then just cut it all out, assemble and done!

Let me know your thoughts or any questions you may have ;)
Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Blessings

Aged Treasure Chest

Coffee Filter Fall Leaves